LBGTQ @ MIT Fundraiser
LBGTQ@MIT is an effort through the Division of Student Life. Our mission is to ensure a safe and supportive campus-wide community where lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, questioning individuals, and their allies are all welcomed as equals.
Now, more than ever, must we recognize our common interest in joining together for ongoing success and fostering safer spaces for our current and incoming students. While this Crowd Funding video was prepared prior to the recent events in Orlando, its message of the range of needs, severity, and impact of LBGTQ support still holds true for many of our students, particularly those who hold multiple marginalized identities in a world that should welcome us all with compassionate embrace.
Our resources and services have wide impact across the Institute:
- We help to educate the MIT community about the diversity of our identities.
- We practice and encourage open, honest, and respectful discussion.
- In both policy and practice, we work to foster a safe, supportive, and equitable campus environment.
- We work to build a community that welcomes all experiences and identities.
- We collaborate with other groups and offices to address issues of social justice on campus including race, class, gender, gender identity, national origin, ability, and sexual orientation.
- In support of the LBGTQ community, we advocate for diverse leadership at all levels of MIT.
What your support will do
LBGTQ students continue to be at a high risk for isolation, depression, and suicide, and many MIT community members still are lacking basic information and resources about LBGTQ issues. There also continues to be an increase in the demand for LBGTQ related student services and support on campus.
Unfortunately, we are lacking the funds we need to do this important work, and we need your help to keep these efforts at the forefront.
Our budget is modest, but our goals are huge. Please join us today by making a gift to LBGT Resources and Programming.
MIT graduates are leaders who work to change the world - they fight to end famine, global warming, cancer, and with your help, perhaps, homophobia, bi-phobia, and trans-phobia. Please help tomorrow's leaders by supporting a safe and welcoming campus environment that is free from discrimination and hate.
We thank you in advance for your support!
MIT is a 501(c)(3) institution, and your gift is tax-deductible within the limitations of U.S. federal income tax laws. Many companies also offer employees a matching gift benefit that doubles the contribution to MIT. Click here to find out if your employer has a matching gift program.