**Help us reach our participation goal of 50 donors, and secure an additional $2500 in funding! Learn more.
The mission of the Club Sports program is to provide MIT students with enhanced opportunities to pursue instructional or competitive athletic interests while encouraging lifelong fitness, leadership, and personal growth. Each club is student-led, student-governed, and is open to all skill levels.
There are over 30 different club sports with over 900 participants, and each club is either instructional or competition focused by nature. Many of the competition-focused clubs have excelled at both regional and national level competitions, and some have sent athletes to compete on the international stage. The instructional-based clubs are staffed by dedicated experts who have numerous accomplishments and are keen to helping each student improve in their sport.
Club Sports serve an important role on campus. They provide students with a necessary and healthy outlet from their academic world, while simultaneously helping them learn and improve sport-specific skills as well as gain important experience in leadership, teambuilding, and organizational management.
- When asked whether “Club Sports have been an integral part of my MIT experience,” 90% of students ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’.
- When asked whether “Club sports contribute positively to the quality and student satisfaction of life at MIT,” 97% of students ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’.
What Your Support Will Do
Your support will directly help clubs:
- Upgrade team uniforms
- Replace protective safety equipment
- Repair deteriorated matted practice surfaces
With a limited annual operating budget, these improvements will ensure that students in the Club Sports program can proudly represent themselves at events and have a safe training environment as they practice their skills and aspire to attend such events. Each club collects membership dues, helping to underwrite its operating budget, and your support will have a direct impact on keeping the out-of-pocket cost per student low while also upgrading the overall experience.
Thank you in advance for your support!
MIT is a 501(c)(3) institution, and your gift is tax-deductible within the limitations of U.S. federal income tax laws. Many companies also offer employees a matching gift benefit that doubles the contribution to MIT. Click here to find out if your employer has a matching gift program.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Spread the word about this campaign - share it with your friends and families and anyone else who would be excited to support the team! Share on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Contact us if you have experience coaching/instructing one of our sports - our clubs couldn’t exist without the expertise and instruction from coaches and instructors. We are frequently looking for additional help in this area.